11 Years Ago …
… my son was 8 years old, in the throes of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and Tourettes tics. My marriage was in pieces. I quit a part time job to stay home to home school so we could help Jordan heal.
I thought I failed – at everything.
As I sat in a spare room, trying to find the “cure” for my son, I wished for a mom whisperer.
Someone who didn’t tell me about how I SHOULD be a mom.
Someone who could take my gifts, talents, abilities and help me find my own beautiful path forward as an amazing woman who was a mom.
And someone who knew I was made for this family as is, and not failing.
So I started a journey to authentic motherhood.
After research, studying, therapy, and deep listening, I found my own internal Mom Whisperer.
And now I help other struggling moms do the same.
Jordan is now 20, in college, and pursuing his dreams. Still my favorite person in the world.
If you’re frustrated, and think you’re failing somewhere know this:
- I believe the most damaging “truth” we’re told is to put our own oxygen mask on first. We’re not in a plane, seated, with people serving us, sister. We need more than a yellow cup.
- That the way we remember our childhoods are the way we default parent – and we can change that.
- We have got to understand and stop control and learn how to parent – because we only have 18 years and they fly.
- Master’s Degree in Education and high school teaching background
- Certified Elite Life Coach – hundreds of hours coaching women
- My book, Momifesto: 9 Practices of Phenomenal Moms.
- A yearly retreat for a small number of women who are serious about shifting their life and their family to make it brilliant.
- My son- now 20- my favorite person on the planet for who he is. Successful, student, boyfriend to an amazing young woman.
Finally, my dream is to own a Mom Retreat Ranch (or at least teach at one… ;-))
I’m thinking: Lodge, single rooms, horses, tracks of optional classes, late breakfasts and free afternoons. No kids, spouses or pets allowed.
Maybe you’re on the ride of your life …
… and holding on so family doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
Or, maybe it’s just (another) hard day, and you wonder if you’re doing enough – or are enough.
Maybe you just can’t understand why your connection with your kids isn’t where it could be but you know an amazing family is possible.
You know you’re made for your family, but not exactly sure how.
You’re in the right place.
Regardless if you think you’re too much or not enough,
more than anything – I’ve been through what you’re going through right now, and together, we’ll end frustration and get you back to seeing how phenomenal you and your family really are, momma.
Let me send you a little encouragement every week!